Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
Industrial. Steampunk. Clinical. Fetching. One giant-sized 500mL/1 Pint vintage Wheaton Laboratory Chemistry Bottle for Ammonium Hydroxide. Dating back to the 1950s, these industrial-grade reagent/apothecary vessels were designed for usage in campuses, pharmacies & laboratories - just about anywhere one could find a druggist, physician or chemist. These mid century bottles make fantastic accent pieces in a curio cabinet and are perfect as movie props, too!
This bottle was intended for storing ammonium hydroxide and reads "AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE NH4OH". The underside is molded with the maker's mark "Wheaton No-Sol-Vit 4 U.S.A.".
• Made by Wheaton Glass, a famous manufacturer of glassware and ceramics.
• Embossed frosted 'acid etch' lettering set atop a recessed circular 'name plate' on the bottle; the raised letters on the outside spell out the chemical systemic name and formula.
• Comes with original conical tapered solid-glass pennyhead stopper. Uses a ground glass joint to ensure that the stopper has a nice snug fit. Stopper can easily be removed.
• Glass has a tinge of greenish hue to it which changes slightly under different lighting.
• Bottle measures 3.0" in diameter and 8.0" tall (including inserted stopper).
Condition: Like new; near mint condition free of chips or cracks. Very few tiny scratches, almost unnoticeable. It appears that it once held liquid, as there's some residue on the inside of the glass.
These bottles would be perfectly suited as movie props for the film industry.