Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
Industrial. Steampunk. Clinical. Fetching. These highly desirable giant-sized 500mL/1 Pint vintage Wheaton Laboratory Chemistry Bottles don't come around too often. Dating back to the 1950s, these industry-grade reagent vessels were designed for usage in campuses, pharmacies & laboratories - just about anywhere one could find a druggist, physician or chemist. This listing is for one bottle. Please read the "Condition" since this bottle has imperfections.
This bottle was intended for storing sodium hydroxide and reads "SODIUM HYDROXIDE Na OH". The underside is molded with the maker's mark "Wheaton No-Sol-Vit 7 U.S.A.".
• Made by Wheaton Glass, a famous manufacturer of glassware and ceramics.
• Embossed frosted 'acid etch' lettering set atop a recessed circular 'name plate' on the bottle; the raised letters on the outside spell out the chemical systemic name and formula.
• Comes with original conical tapered solid-glass flathead stopper. Uses a ground glass joint to ensure that the stopper has a nice snug fit.
• Glass has a tinge of greenish hue to it which changes slightly under different lighting.
• Bottle measures 3.0" in diameter and 8.0" tall (including inserted stopper).
Condition: Imperfect, has flaws. Bottle is in great condition, however, there is a fleabite on the rim. There is also a small fleabite/chip to the flathead stopper (see photos).
These bottles would be perfectly suited as movie props for the film industry.