Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
Industrial. Steampunk. Clinical. Fetching. Set of TWO giant-sized 500mL/1 Pint vintage Wheaton Laboratory Chemistry Bottles for Acetic Acid. Dating back to the 1950s, these industrial-grade reagent/apothecary vessels were designed for usage in campuses, pharmacies & laboratories - just about anywhere one could find a druggist, physician or chemist. These mid century bottles make fantastic accent pieces in a curio cabinet and are perfect as movie props, too!
Both bottles are nearly identical. It appears that one of them once held liquid, as there is a tiny 'ring' on the inside of the glass. Bottles are fitted with flathead stoppers.
ACETIC ACID CH3OOH - intended for storing acetic acid and reads "ACID ACETIC CH3COOH". The underside is molded with the maker's mark "Wheaton No-Sol-Vit 9 U.S.A.".
• Made by Wheaton Glass, a famous manufacturer of glassware and ceramics.
• Embossed frosted 'acid etch' lettering set atop a recessed circular 'name plate' on the bottle; the raised letters on the outside spell out the chemical systemic name and formula.
• Both come with original conical tapered solid-glass flathead stoppers. Uses a ground glass joint to ensure that the stopper has a nice snug fit. Stoppers can be easily removed.
• Glass has a tinge of greenish hue to it which changes slightly under different lighting.
• Bottles measures 3.0" in diameter and 7½" tall (including inserted stopper).
Condition: Like new; near mint condition free of chips or cracks. Very few tiny scratches, almost unnoticeable. Vintage bottles often have manufacturer's anomalies, mold flaws & other imperfections such as air bubbles trapped in the bottle's glass.
These bottles would be perfectly suited as movie props for the film industry.