Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
Industrial. Steampunk. Clinical. Fetching. Set of TWO giant-sized 500mL/1 Pint vintage Wheaton Laboratory Chemistry Bottles in unused condition. Dating back to the 1950s, these industrial-grade reagent/apothecary vessels were designed for usage in campuses, pharmacies & laboratories - just about anywhere one could find a druggist, physician or chemist. These mid century bottles make fantastic accent pieces in a curio cabinet and are perfect as movie props, too!
• CON ACID NITRIC HNO3 - This bottle was intended for storing nitric acid and reads "CON ACID NITRIC HNO3". The underside is molded with the maker's mark "Wheaton No-Sol-Vit 9 U.S.A.". One could probably ascertain that 'CON' stands for concentrated and 'DIL' stands for diluted.
• DIL ACID HYDROCHLORIC HCl - This bottle was intended for storing hydrochloric acid and reads "DIL ACID HYDROCHLORIC HCl". The underside is molded with the maker's mark "Wheaton No-Sol-Vit 3 U.S.A.".
• Made by Wheaton Glass, a famous manufacturer of glassware and ceramics.
• Embossed frosted 'acid etch' lettering set atop a recessed circular 'name plate' on the bottle; the raised letters on the outside spell out the chemical systemic name and formula.
• Comes with original conical tapered solid-glass flathead stopper. Uses a ground glass joint to ensure that the stopper has a nice snug fit. Stoppers can be easily removed.
• Glass has a tinge of greenish hue to it which changes slightly under different lighting.
• Bottle measures 3.0" in diameter and 8.0" tall (including inserted stopper).
CONDITION: NOS (New Old Stock) like new; near mint condition free of chips or cracks. Very few tiny scratches. It would appear that no liquids have ever been inside them. Vintage bottles often have manufacturer's anomalies, mold flaws & other imperfections such as air bubbles trapped in the bottle's glass.
These bottles would be perfectly suited as movie props for the film industry.