Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
Solid & rugged stainless steel regency stripe finished Sheaffer "Targa" White Dot Fountain Pen featuring metal barrel & cap and a cartridge-converter filler system. Highly collectable, many consider the 70s & 80s Targas to be one of Sheaffer's most technically sound fountain pens.
According to Sheaffer's company history their Targa pens were made between 1966 and 1988 - although the years of production for this particular model were 1981-1984. It was produced by "Sheaffer Eaton Division of Textron Canada Ltd" which ran until the late 1980's. Interestingly, the pen barrel is inscribed with the words "DeLuxe Ultra Lights" - perhaps it was intended as a promotional pen for a cigarette brand.
Features of this Sheaffer Targa 1000:
• Model: 1000 Classic edition. Straight line pattern, bright chrome, stainless steel inlaid nib (with a medium tip as indicated by the "M" marking near the nib).
• Made in the USA. Both nib and cap are marked "Sheaffer USA".
• Cap & barrel chromed - both decorated with engraved vertical stripes.
• Signature Sheaffer White Dot on chromed clip, as well as on box logos.
This Sheaffer fountain pen comes with:
• Original Sheaffer clamshell box with 'velvety' cardboard base and sateen backing on reverse of lid.
• Original instruction paper foldout with guarantee and company info (Sheaffer Pen Textron).
• One metal refillable Targa pen converter (cartridge).
• Two unused vintage replacement genuine Sheaffer Skrip cartridges.
CONDITION: Like new. No evidence that this pen has ever been used. Very good vintage condition with no obvious scratches, marks, scrapes or other bumps; the stainless steel nib is still in perfect form.