Visit our Shop on ETSY - ETSY.COM/CA/SHOP/CaribooCollectibles
The Singer Buttonhole Attachment, model no. 160506, is the perfect accompaniment for your vintage sewing machine. Utilized to produce neat and durable buttonholes on a variety of fabrics. The buttonholes are produced in a fraction of the time required for hand work and they are firmer and more consistent than those made by hand. The attachment uses metal "templates" to control the size and shape of the buttonhole. Makes whipstitch, purl or traditional buttonholes. This Singer attachment is for the Singer Lock Family of sewing machines. Made in the USA.
Comes complete with:
• Singer Buttonhole Attachment Unit (model 160506) complete with all original hardware.
• Original green heavy duty plastic carrying case with snap closure.
• 'Feed cover plate' and all five original 'templates' are included.
• Original buttonholer instruction manual in excellent condition, 1959.
Case measures 7½" x 3½ x 2½", total weight is 2 pounds.
• Condition (Components): Appears to be in near-new condition. No rust or major scratches to speak of.
• Condition (Green box): Some light wear to outer box; box and snap close snugly.
• Condition (Manual): Paper has significant curving down the middle from sitting in the box for so many years. Pages, staple binding, printing & graphics are in pristine condition for ephemera that is nearly sixty years old.